Bi-Vocational Pastor Job Description
Grace Bible Church is an Evangelical Free Church (efca.org) located in Marlette, MI. Grace is a small, community-focused church that is currently seeking a like-minded, bi-vocational pastor to provide leadership to our congregation who can also be engaged in the marketplace as a "tent-maker" to supplement his income and build bridges of influence into the community for Christ.
- Be the primary communicator in preaching and teaching the Scriptures and overseeing gathered worship opportunities.
- Prioritize prayer and the ministry of the Word to glorify God by making, maturing, and multiplying disciples of Jesus Christ who will in turn disciple others.
- Provide pastoral leadership to the congregation and community by loving God supremely and others sacrificially.
- Be the primary equipper of the church for both ministry (internally) and mission (externally), and share those roles with the congregation as they mature.
- Work in conjunction with the leadership of the congregation to pursue the mission and vision of our church.
- Network and collaborate with pastors of like faith in the area to grow a unified, cross-denominational church mentality and focus for the community.
- Demonstrates the qualifications of an elder as compiled in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 with the heart of a shepherd as described in 1 Peter 5:1-4, including these skills:
- Being a clear communicator
- Having a teachable spirit with a willingness to seek the counsel of others
- Ability to provide administrative help for the ministry
- Experience and ability to recruit, train and develop leaders
- A commitment to lifelong learning to enhance his gifting and ministry skill set
- Well-grounded in historic Christian faith and doctrine with post-secondary, theological training to equip him for pastoral ministry.
- Three or more years of experience in local church preaching, teaching, and community outreach, preferably in a small-town, rural context.
- Full agreement with the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America (https://efca.org/sof/) without reservation.
- Licensed or ordained with the EFCA or willing and eligible to pursue license or ordination from the EFCA within two years (https://credentialing.ministries.efca.org).
- This is a part-time, salaried position that will require outside employment or income from another source. Compensation ranges from $32,000 to $36,000 annually depending upon education and experience. The Grace church family is available to help with securing bi-vocational opportunities.
To apply, please send your resume, a letter of interest explaining why you would be a good fit for this position and an audio/video link to recent teaching to our Pastor Search firm, Lancaster Search. Please visit our website, gbcmarlette.com, for more information.